

“Now, hoooold on thar!” shouts our hero. Cut to Augie Doggie apologizing, “But I hollered fore!” Doggie Daddy’s mouth moves like he’s laughing but no sound comes out.
For some reason, the stars of the other cartoons are playing golf on Quick Draw's ranch.
“Hand me my number nine mashie giblet, Blab. I’m going to knock both golf balls for a hole in one.”




Snooper wonders where his golf balls have gone. Quick Draw leans into the frame. “Does this answer your question?” I like how Quick Draw turns to look at the TV audience, though he wouldn’t be able to see them.

Quick Draw is convinced to take a swing. He fails badly. Unfortunately, the best in-betweens of the golf swing can’t be seen on the video because of overlapping frames. There’s a swirl cycle of three drawings.








Cut to a close-up. “Anyway, folks,” confides Quick Draw, “Get ready for a fooooour-star cartoon show!” He shakes his muzzle on “four.” (Or is it “fore”)?
Ed Love does a fine job animating this little cartoon-before-the-cartoons. Daws Butler speaks for Quick Draw, Baba Looey, Snooper, Blabber and Augie Doggie, while Doug Young has a line as Doggie Daddy.
Thanks to Steve Hanson for posting this 16mm print.
This is an interstitial I'd really like to see in color on Blu-Ray or television
ReplyDelete