Wednesday 20 July 2016

Flintstones Weekend Comics, July 1966

I’m sorry. I simply can’t find decent, full versions of these comics. One source has double-exposures so it’s useless. Another has now put its archive behind a pay firewall (it is not the first). A third has the skunk stripe along the comics because of poor scanning.

So, without any commentary (other than I like the cow design in the July 31st comic), here are the five Flintstones comics from this month 50 years ago. If someone can direct me to a decent on-line source for them, the readers here, I’m sure, would be grateful.

A Yowp update: since my grumble above, a wonderful reader named Richard Holliss sent me full-colour versions of three of the comics from his own collection. These were published in a newspaper in England. He has sent me a bunch which I will try to incorporate in old posts. I continue to be bowled over by the generosity and helpfulness of the many readers of the blog.

July 3, 1966

July 10, 1966

July 17, 1966

July 24, 1966

July 31, 1966

2 comments:

  1. In August, there's a nod toward "The Man Called Flintstone." I'm looking forward to that one.

    The characters are still looking very much on-model. That will change by the late 60's/early 70's.

    It's nice to see Betty making a couple of appearances. No sign of Bamm-Bamm this month. Interesting that Pebbles appears in every strip for July.

    Thanks for continuing to post these!

    ReplyDelete