Saturday, 5 September 2026

Ping Pong Puss

Pixie is playing table tennis with Jinks in a little cartoon before the next Pixie and Dixie cartoon. Dixie is just standing there. To save money by hiring Don Messick, Pixie's voice is coming out of Daws Butler.



"Get this one, smarty cat!" says Pixie and whaps the ball high into the air.



Back goes Jinks in a four-drawing cycle as he passes the same tree three times.



Jinksie runs backwards into a mailbox.



"What can I do, Jinks?" asks Huck. The mail slot opens to reveal the cat's head. "Like, uh, get me a stamp," is his response.



Yeah, not the greatest line but I don't know what he could say. Personally, I'd like to have seen him splash backward into a fountain and say "I guess, like, my game's all wet."

2 comments:

  1. For those wondering the animator. It’s pretty obvious by how he drew the oval shaped eyes on Mr. Jinks, but this is Kenneth Muse who animated this bumper. This is not the only bumper that i’m aware of where Daws does Pixie as there’s other bumpers i’ve seen where he does Pixie while also doing Dixie and Mr. Jinks. (“I’m tired of being treated like a dog, Dixie.”) which was the North Pole bumper, one of my personal favorite interstitials done for the show in total. I’ll also note even Daws Butler owned a plush of Pixie himself next to the other characters he voiced in Joe Bev’s video (around 1:09) where you can see the plush next to other characters he voiced which is interesting given this was Don’s character. — Corbin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing this out, Corbin. The voice switching seems to have happened on occasion in the 1959-60 season; it's been mentioned here before.

      Delete